Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Double Take

Last night, as I looked through my baby book, I found a picture of me at 1 month old. I realized that in the picture, I was wearing a blue dress that Mom had found, washed up, and given to me when Lilly was born. I was also laying on the very same blanket that Mom had also given to me for Lilly to use on her way home from the hospital. I couldn't get over how much Lilly looks like I did as a baby, so I decided to "reenact" the photo op...
Kelly: September 1981 (1 month old)

Lilly: April 2009 (2 months old)

The craziest part of this is when I noticed our hands in the pictures. We are both making fists, and sticking out our pinkie finger on the right hand. LOVE IT!! (BTW... Did the dress shrink over the years, or is Lilly just that much longer in one month?!)

5 comments:

Allison Family said...

That is crazy!! Y'all look just alike. She is so adorable. I cant wait to see her and hold her. Too precious!!!

Bobby and Brooke said...

WOW! I cannot believe how much those pictures look a like. That's crazy! Your hands, your hair, shape of your faces...etc....STRANGE! That's definitely your girl! I LOVE it!

Bobby and Brooke said...

ps...is that the same blanket too?

The Good Family said...

yep! :)

Bobby and Brooke said...

okay then, my response to your question is...no the dress has not shrunk...she is just long because look where her head and feet are on the ribbon part of the blanket. She is definitely longer...unless they have both shrunk over the years!

i love this! what a blessing to still have this picture!