Monday, April 6, 2009

Duke Gardens


The weather was beautiful yesterday, so after church we picked up some lunch and headed to Duke Gardens. Avery didn't remember ever being there before, so it was fun to see his reaction to it all over again for the first time. Brian and I were glad to get some good exercise since we probably walked over a mile, as Lilly (surprise, surprise) slept through the whole experience! By the way, Duke Gardens is not exactly "stroller friendly", incase you were curious. We would laugh as we kept getting to points where we had to literally pick up the stroller to get through the choice of two undesirable paths: rocks or wooden steps! Avery was in heaven with all of the doggies that he got to "pet" and enjoyed climbing trees (with Daddy's help, of course) and running barefoot in the grass! Every time I go there, I wonder why I don't take advantage of living so close to such an amazing place more often. I hope to have the chance to return this summer for more family picnics and photo ops! (You know me!)


No comments: