Monday, April 6, 2009

Confession of the week!

So, I'm watching Oprah, and they are talking to moms all over the country about... motherhood. It is so funny, and I have found myself laughing outloud as I can totally relate to these women's stories. I have really loved the new show on Thursday nights, "In The Motherhood" just because I can totally relate to the craziness that you never understand until you actually live this life as a mother. I always enjoy reading Brooke's blog as she posts T-shirt Tuesdays and Jenn's blog as she posts Funny Story Fridays. I'm not commiting to a specific day, because I'll be proud of myself if I remember to post each week, but I am going to start posting a motherhood confession each week. I'm sure all of you mothers out there have confessions, so feel free to comment and share your embarrassing experiences. Some aren't necessarily funny as they happen, but if you look back on these experiences (with your Mommy Goggles), you can usually find humor in everything! I've actually told a few people about this, already, but this is the absolute most embarrasing motherhood story that I can recall happening to me.
Two weeks after Lilly was born, I had her with me at Avery's first soccer practice. I was talking to another mother and she was admiring Lilly's hair as she slept on my chest, all snuggled in the Baby Bjorn. That's when it happened. She asked me, "So- what is her name?" Ohmygosh-(my stomach instantly began to ache and I began to pray that God would help me)-I couldn't think...I was so sleepy, I was doing good just to be there...and in my mind, I thought, "What is her name"? It seemed like eternity, but I'm sure it was only a second. I swallowed and asked her, "What did you ask"? (trying to stall and give myself more time to think) This time,after she repeated the question, I remembered: "Lilly! She's named after my Nana, Lillian"! Oh, thank you God! Needless to say, only a REALLY sleep deprived mother would forget her own daughter's name! I only hope it doesn't happen again, especially since I've told my "swallowing / stalling technique"!

2 comments:

Allison Family said...

You are to cute and funny! I really like your confessions idea. I am sure i will be commenting on some of my confessions too. Hope you guys are doing great!!! Love ya1

Bobby and Brooke said...

What a great idea...not because you have a lot to confess but because it helps me feel "more normal" to hear about your craziness too! That's what makes you a true friend! ;)