When I picked Avery up from his class, his teacher made sure to tell me that Avery has such a great imagination. I was so proud! Apparently, they were pretending that they were inside a boat and fishing, so Avery jumped out of the boat and instantly transformed into a fish! Ha! Why is it always my child that acts like an animal? If it's not a dog, it's a fish! (I know fish aren't really animals, but whatever...)
I've been meaning to post the following "funny" from last Sunday. When Brian & Avery got home from church, I asked Avery what he learned in Sunday School. He first gave me the typical, generic answer: 'BOUT GOD and stuff. After prying a little further, he finally told me about the bible story lesson. "There was this man... laying in the road, and the mean men came and left him laying in the road b/c they were too mean. Then the other man came and helped him up and called to make him a doctor's appointment and took him to the hospital to get a flu shot!" I'm laughing just remembering his expression as he told the story and wondering why this child is still talking about a flu shot! I'm pretty sure that the story was about The Good Samaritan, but I just thought it was funny how he retold it to me in modern-day terms! I'm not sure if Avery came up with that version or if the teachers told it that way to help the children understand. Either way, it was pretty funny to me!
(Footnote regarding the photo: Those black straps are part of the Baby Bjorn; not a new accessory! And, yes- I was about to bust! Don't pretend you didn't already notice!)



1 comment:
What a cute picture! Hooray for Lilly making it to church! :) In regards to the clothing...I think that this was the first Sunday that Bryleigh didn't wear pants under her dress to keep her warm. You'll figure it out. :)
Post a Comment