Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FIRSTS

The past few days have been filled with "Firsts" for our 2 kids. Avery had his first soccer game of the spring season. He did great. One time he dribbled the ball (Thanks to his coach Bobby, I now know that dribbling is not just in basketball!)all the way down the field and then the ball stopped just in front of the goal. That's when a little brat from the other team kicked it away from Avery and he started crying. It broke my heart b/c his feelings were really hurt; he wasn't just whining as he said, "that boy took my ball"! It was pitiful, but nothing that a good hug and kiss from Mommy couldn't heal! (I will be so sad when he's too old for me to do such things in public!) He enjoyed the rest of the game since his Daddy told him that his new job was to be the POLICE MAN and keep the other team from kicking the ball into the other goal. That will work great as long as the opposing teams do not complain since we aren't supposed to have goalies at this age!
On Sunday, Lilly had her first trip to Southpoint Mall and on Monday, her first trip to McDonald's. Of course she slept through both of these events; that's what she does best!
After we left McDonald's, we took my Dad home and then experienced another FIRST on our way back to our house. As I drove ~40mph on Latta Road, Mr. Avery decided to open his car door and almost give me a heart attack! He must not have ever let go of the handle b/c when I heard the door open,I yelled,"AVERY!", and he pulled the door back almost shut. Luckily I was almost at a side street and I was able to pull off the main road. When my car slowed down and turned, the door slowly opened again. I got out to close it and quickly tried to figure out how to handle the situation. I knew I couldn't spank him w/ all of the cars passing by, so I explained how dangerous that was and I told him he would have to call his Daddy to tell him what he did. His response was too funny: "Oh no- please don't make me tell him; he'll tear up my hiney butt!" As if his daddy has ever done more than barely tap him on his hiney butt! (Sorry, B, but your spankings are a joke!) Where does Avery come up with this stuff?!! Needless to say, the child-safety locks have been located and activated!
This is Avery coming down the field w/ the ball

Just before #5 made his move

Avery at his new post

McDonald's...

Lilly w/ the man who literally brought her into this world! (Dr.Andrews) @ mommy's 6wk check-up

No comments: