Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kids Say The Darndest Things

Avery amazes me each day with how "grown" he acts. I think he seems even bigger now that I have an infant, especially when I hug or hold him after holding her. Not only has he grown physically, but sometimes he talks to me and I feel like I'm talking to a teenager. He's got the eye roll down pat! (I have no idea where he got that from!) Then there are those times when he just makes me laugh because I can't figure out from where he gets the things he says.
The other day we were going to play at the neighborhood playground; Avery was riding his bike and I was carrying Lilly in the Baby Bjorn. When we got to the end of our street, Avery told us to "STOP and look both ways". Then, he said, "Okay-no cars-it's safe." When we were halfway across the street, I saw a car turning into the neighborhood, so I told Avery to hurry and get to the other side. He said, "Yeah, b/c if that car hits us, we'll have to go to the hospital and get a flu shot!"

1 comment:

Bobby and Brooke said...

Wow! If only a flu shot would fix that, huh?

He's so darn cute!