Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Celebrations

We have been busy this last week! The Farrs (minus Bobby) came over Wednesday to dye Easter eggs. The boys had a lot of fun and I was a bit surprised how they were able to get the eggs out independently! It was a little sad, though, that my help was really no longer needed. We only cracked a few of them!
Avery had his class Easter party at preschool on Thursday, which included an egg hunt of course! They made adorable "baskets" out of milk jugs that they used to hold the eggs that they collected. His teachers are so creative and really make the extra effort in all that they do.
Then, after Daddy got home from a working a half day, we headed to Ocean Isle! Brian's sister and her husband just bought a gorgeous beach house on the inner-coastal waterway. It is so peaceful (until you throw a 3 1/2 year old, 18 month old, and 2 month old in the mix) and only a 5-10 minute walk to the ocean. We gave Avery a fishing pole for Easter and he had fun fishing with his Daddy. Needless to say, he doesn't quite have the required patience to actually catch any fish yet, but he enjoyed reeling in the line! We spent some quality time with Brian's side of the family and then headed home after dinner on Saturday night. How quickly we remembered how much harder it is to travel with an infant! We had to stop several times to calm Lilly due to her reflux and to feed her little belly, but we made it home around 1am. Brian was so sleepy on Sunday, and I SO appreciate him for driving!
Sunday morning we did the Easter Bunny baskets and rushed to get ready for church. Brian is so good about helping me without me even having to ask, but when I went to put Lilly in the carseat, I realized he had put her dress on backwards! We got such a good laugh out of it in the midst of the hussle and bussle to get out the door; I wish I had taken a picture of it! After a wonderful church service, we went to my parent's house for lunch and another egg hunt! This was the best of all b/c the eggs were filled with candy AND money! It is amazing how adults will get motivated to run around in the backyard, all dressed up, when money is involved! We had a lot of fun and enjoyed time with our families while celebrating the resurection of our Lord, Jesus Christ! Even Avery was telling people, "Easter is when Jesus died on the cross and came back to life". I was so proud!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Easter
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Unknown said...

too cute! looks like you guys had a blast!

Allison Family said...

I love love love your pictures!!! Zachary's preschool class made the same bunnies out of milk jugs. I though that was a cute idea! Hope everyone is doing great! Miss you guys:(