Friday, April 17, 2009

2 MONTHS


Lilly was 2 months on April 9, but I wanted to wait to get her stats at her well visit before I posted. On the way to the doctor's appointment, Avery asked if Lilly was sick and my dad told him, "No- this is a well visit"... Avery responded, "Whale- like the whale that swallowed Jonah and Pinocchio's Father"? Ha! The English language is so hard to understand AND explain! Okay- back to Lilly. She weighed 11 lbs 6 oz (70th percentile) and was 23" long (75th percentile). Her head circumference was in the 55th percentile. I couldn't get over her growing 4 inches in length since she was born! She is a really good baby and only seems to cry when she's hungry or it's time for her reflux medicine. Lilly eats every 3-4 hours during the day and will typically go 6 hours at night between her bedtime meal & breakfast! She has been very healthy and I praise God each day for her good health and demeanor. Because she was breech, we have to get an ultrasound taken of her hips, but it seems fairly routine so I'm not really concerned yet! That is scheduled for this coming Tuesday morning (April 21) at Duke Children's Hospital. I'm sure my anxiety will kick into high gear when we go for that appointment, so please keep Lilly, our family, and the ultrasound technician and doctors in your prayers. Apparently, if there is something wrong, and if it is found at this young age, it can usually be corrected by wearing a brace. Lilly has just started to "coo" and try to mimic facial expressions and stick out her tongue when directly spoken to at close range. Enjoy the sweet video below...

No comments: