Saturday, April 18, 2009

GOAL!

Avery scored his first ever goal in a soccer game today! I was so excited that I was there to congratulate him as he ran straight to us (Brian and my parents)immediately afterwards! I was a little bummed b/c I didn't exactly see him kick it in, nor did I get it on video. All of the little 3/4 year olds were huddled in their typical blob (my unofficial soccer term) by the goal, all trying to figure out the location of the ball and kicking their feet in the general area of the ball, but apparently MY SON was the one that eventually scored! I might not have seen the actual kick but I did witness the priceless expression as he ran to jump into his PROUD Daddy's arms, and I DID get a picture of that!
The next picture is showing what else Avery did about every 3 minutes... run to the sidelines demanding the water bottle, take a swig and spit out the water before running back on the field yelling, "Ahh- super fresh". This kid has been watching too many sports on tv and seen Madagascar too many times! It got to be ridiculous, but I was okay with it as long as he kept wanting to get back on the field to play this time!
Just one more...I love this picture (taken after the game) Avery was so proud of himself!

No comments: