Tuesday, November 25, 2008
We're on the "down slope" now!
So, I had my (28 week) doctor's appointment yesterday... you know- the one when you have to drink that nasty drink (that actually reminded me of the orange drink they used to have at McDonald's when we were kids-- now I know why they don't have that anymore!) for the glucose screening. Of course I haven't gotten the blood work results back yet, but I'm not worried about it. Well, maybe I'm a tad bit paranoid in the back of my mind! But... there are too many other things to focus on right now! I about flipped out when the receptionist told me that we needed to schedule the next appointment in 2 weeks. How can I already be at the point of my pregnancy when I have to go every 2 weeks? In so many ways, time has flown by! I feel a little ashamed b/c I didn't even ask the doctor what the heart rate was after she said it sounded great, and to think, I made a whole little scrapbook with each page dedicated to each doctor's appointment (with all of the stats included) when I was pregnant with Avery. I seriously think I had too much time on my hands! I have been very layed back this pregnancy, but I guess I need to get my butt in gear b/c there is a lot to do and actually not that much time left! Not to mention, we still have Thanksgiving and Christmas to get through! I bought some of those Space Saver Bags yesterday and started cleaning out a closet in the baby's room, so that is a good start! Now, I need to "sand" the changing table that we are going to paint to match the crib... but I will probably leave that one for Daddy! :) I don't want him to feel left out! Then there is painting the walls from blue to pink (Brian will have to do that too-- oops... I'm pregnant and can't smell the paint, right?!) and getting the bedding (but, hopefully Santa or somebody will bring some of that!)... I guess I don't need to stress quite yet! I just can't believe how soon we got to this point; it always just seemed so far in the future! I'm taking one day at a time and this week's goal is POTTY TRAINING MY STUBBORN 3 YEAR OLD! I'll keep you up to date on that one in another blog, but so far he hasn't had any accidents but has gone to the potty every 30 minutes and has had very little to drink... but that is my little secret! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I cannot believe you're getting so close! VERY excited!!! Let us know if we can help you as you prepare!
Post a Comment