Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Be Thankful at Thanksgiving and Always...
I have so many blessings to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! I am most of all thankful for God's Love because without him, I would have nothing! Secondly, I am thankful for my loving family which not only includes my parents, sister, husband, and Avery, but my extended family (which I am unusually close to) and close friends that I consider to be a part of my family. There are so many people in my life that love and care about me and who I know without a doubt that I can always count on anytime. This year, specifically, I am thankful for life. God showed us that "through him, all things are possible", when he blessed us with the miracle that is still growing inside of me! He has blessed me with a healthy pregnancy and such a great support system to make it through so far! For the last 3 years, I have had an amazing life being a mommy and wife and I know that I have taken many things for granted. Recently, though, as we have started to prioritize and figure out how to "cut back financially" since we will soon be a family of 4, I am realizing that I really am thankful for my cute, and cluttered, itty bitty "doll house" and have begun to truly focus on the non-material things in my life that matter most! I have realized that the reason my house is so cluttered might just not be b/c my house is too small, but because we have too much stuff! So, that in itself is a blessing in disguise, right? I am determined to enjoy these upcoming holidays and not stress out over the little things like appearances, material things, other people's opinions, etc... that somehow usually try to take over this time of year. Now, if I can only convince the others (mainly- mom! oh, you know I love you!) in my life to do the same! Happy Thanksgiving to all, and may we truly focus on what matters most... Our many blessings from God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
great post....
and by the way...
kelly you need a header....
email me some pics and i'll make you one!!
laokeef@gmail.com
Post a Comment