Lilly turned ONE on Feb.9, 2010. It was such a bittersweet moment for Mommy. I know that she is not an infant anymore, but she will always be my baby girl! She weighs 18 lbs and is 29" tall. She has stood independently for probably up to 15 seconds and Brian says that she took 3 independent steps last Friday night, but I'm not counting that since I didn't see it. :) Seriously? I stay at home with her and I missed it! She hasn't walked anymore so I'm going to just pretend that it didn't happen! She is clapping when she hears "Good Job", and waving when she hears "Bye Bye" and "Night Night". She is able sign (and sometimes say) "More" and "Up" at the table. She can climb up the stairs and walk behind a push toy, so the doctors are not concerned about her hips causing her to not walk; it is more a "confidence thing" at this point.
Like all holidays in our family, we celebrated her birthday several times! We had a party for family and a few friends. Lilly loved her cake and ate almost all of it!
On her actual birthday, we had a cupcake lunch and dinner at Red Robin. It was Tuesday, so the Robin came over to our table with the staff when they sang "Happy Birthday"... Lilly didn't cry, but instead looked at them like they were crazy! Funny Stuff. Avery helped his sister eat the ice cream so her tummy wouldn't hurt (now, wasn't that sweet?!) Ha!



1 comment:
She's such a cutie!!! Happy Birthday (again) Lilly!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment