Monday, May 11, 2009

Long Weekend

I'll start this post with Avery's preschool "Mother's Day Tea" that was on Thursday. It was so fun b/c his teachers are super creative and made us feel so special. All of the kids met us at the door saying, "Happy Mother's Day" and escorted us to our seat for a delicious snack. I want you to notice the corsages that are made out of ribbon, tissue paper, a painted clothes pin & bathroom cup that was cut to look like a flower. Also, our present was the adorable umbrellas that were painted with our kid's hand print to look like a daisy. SO STINKIN' CUTE! Enjoy the video of the songs... I was proud that Avery sang this time! Brian and I took the kids to the zoo on Friday. The weather was great and we had a really nice time. I always forget, though, how much walking is involved, and we were all very tired at the end of the day! Avery's favorite part seemed to be "trying to wake up the animals by yelling at them" and the alligators, which we saw within the first 10 minutes of being there! Ha! I wish I had known that before we stayed there for hours! :) Saturday started with a HOT soccer game. Avery stripped off his shirt the second that the game was over. Brooke and I sported our Soccer Mom shirts and enjoyed our boys who actually played almost the entire game! Then, I was treated to a massage and pedicure with my mom and sister (courtesy of Kristin- she's awesome!) and then dinner with the entire family. We came home to darkness... our power was out due to a fallen tree during the thunderstorm, so we all "camped out" in Mommy and Daddy's bed. Fun, but very uncomfortable, as I woke up to Avery's feet under my chin! Sunday morning (Mother's Day) was definitely one that I'll never forget. Brian and Avery cooked me breakfast and I enjoyed eating in bed with my children. I was so overwhelmed with emotions as I Praised God for blessing me with 2 beautiful children and the gift of motherhood. Brian and I were "Commissioned" at church as we dedicated Lilly to The Lord in a ceremony/lunch following the regular church service. Afterwards, we enjoyed the sunny weather by the pool and I was able to reflect on such a special day. I am so blessed to have been raised by a God-Fearing Christian mother and I only pray to be half as great of a mother to Avery and Lilly as she has been to me. Such a busy past few days, and now I am exhausted! :) Inhale...Exhale. I hope you enjoy the slide show below:





2 comments:

Courtney said...

WOW you had a busy weekend! Hope you relaxed today and took a nap! I love, love, love the picture of the four of you in front of the black curtain! What a great family picture!

Unknown said...

Great pics! Glad to see you got to go to the Z-O-O! you look WONDERFUL....call me!