Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Good Report!


Lilly had her follow-up "weight check" appointment with Dr. Fisher yesterday. She is now weighing in at 8 lbs even. She is very close to her birth weight (8lbs 3oz) and averging a 1oz gain each day. Dr. Fisher was my pediatrician from 18 months until I went to college, so in a crazy way- he talks to me sometimes like he is my parent. He eased my anxiety about having to still wake Lilly to eat and her seeming to spit up more milk than she drinks by telling me that he was proud of me. I know that seems silly, but it meant a lot b/c I have been stressing over the whole breast feeding thing this time. Regardless, she's gaining weight and I'm sure she will soon catch on b/c it is in here genes to eat well! Ha! :)
Avery is still doing well and really seems to love Lilly. Whenever he asks, we let him "hold" her but it usually only lasts for about 10 seconds until he says, "Get this thing off me- she's heavy!" Too funny!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to hear our little Frilly Limp Lilly is doing great! I hope Mom is as well! Love ya'll!

Bobby and Brooke said...

Hooray for weight gain! Hooray for progress! Hooray for a GREAT pic! Hooray for wonderful (old) doctors!

What would we do without all of the above?!?!

I'm proud of you!

lov said...

she is precious!!!!!!!!!