Saturday, February 7, 2009

Beautiful Day

Wow- what a beautiful gift of warm sunshine from God today! Brian and I had already decided that we were going to have a "Family of 3 Fun Day" to focus of Avery and each other before Lilly joins the picture on Monday. I am so excited about Avery having a sibling, but so worried that he will feel somewhat neglected as he has to share my attention, especially at first when Lilly will be so dependent on me! When we realized how nice the weather was going to be today, we planned to go to Duke Park... one of the best parks in this area, at least according to us! We had a lot of fun and then came home for lunch, naps, and of course to watch today's basketball games-- you know us! Then, we completed our Family of 3 Fun Day at Southpointe with dinner at CPK, a little shopping, and dessert (double doozies!) from Mrs. Field's! Yummo!




3 comments:

veronicagreear said...

I know exactly what you are talking about with worrying about Avery Kelly! When I was about to have Allie, in fact I distinctly remember ON THE WAY TO THE HOSPITAL, feeling guilty, like I was cheating on Kharis! Isn't that funny? Don't worry, if you make over Avery enough about being the best big brother in the world and how lucky he is to have a built-in friend for the rest of his life he will love his new sis!

Bobby and Brooke said...

I'm so glad that you had such great weather this weekend. I know your time with Avery will give you in a little peace of mind as you approach Lilly's arrival. God is good and provides all that we need even when we don't realize it. Avery is very blessed and very smart...he will be better than you're expecting!

Courtney said...

I love the pictures! AND I can not wait to meet the beautiful Miss Lilly!!