Monday, January 26, 2009
"She's stubborn like her mommy"!
Those were the words out of Brian's mouth when Dr. Fetko was unsuccessful in trying to turn Lilly. She didn't budge, but her heartbeat didn't change either & the umbilical cord didn't come close to her neck, so I guess it wasn't completely unsuccessful! Yes- it was very painful, but the procedure was did not last long and now my back is just sore. We were given a few dates to choose from as far as scheduling the c-section and since all of the doctors at Durham OBGYN are amazing, I didn't really take that into consideration when making the decision. We chose Feb.9 b/c Avery's birthday is September 9 and I just thought it was cool the way the numbers looked: 02-09-2009 (Thanks for pointing that out, Brooke!). It seems weird that this will be so planned out and that in 2 weeks, I will just "calmly walk in" at 6am for the 8:00 surgery. Crazy...such a different experience compared to the frantic, painful, stressful...(ugh- I don't even want to think about that!) experience in the middle of the night when I was in labor with Avery! Of course, I could still go into labor prior to the 9th, but in that case, they would still do a c-section unless Lilly has already turned on her own (very unlikely at this point). While I know the recovery will be longer etc., I can't say that I'm all that unhappy that I (Lord willing) get to dodge the pain of a vaginal birth this time! :) Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers since my last posting and especially today. I definitely felt "peaceful" and I praise God for helping me get through this day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Kel - I'm glad things are going to work out safely for you. I can empathize with your feelings about the section - I was all too happy to avoid the vaginal delivery (all three times)! You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!
XOXO
~TEJ
You're stubborn???!!!
I LOVE 2-9-2009..very exciting!
You'll be fine! I had one with Andrew and would do it again. Will be praying for you on 2/9/09. I can't wait to meet her.
Post a Comment