Saturday, January 24, 2009
Prayer Request
I had a slightly "complicated" doctor's appointment on Friday. It caught me off guard, as I was expecting a quick weekly routine check-up. In fact, I felt so dumb b/c I got excited when Dr. Andrews asked the nurse to go get the ultrasound machine and said, "oh- yay! I didn't know I was going to get to see her today"... and then- after looking at the doctor's expression, I realized that there must be something wrong! Duh! Well, the bottom line is that little miss Lilly is breech. I am going to Durham Regional Hospital on Monday (around noon) for Dr. Fetco to perform an "external cephalic version" to attempt to turn her. I'm not worried about my pain b/c it can't possibly be worse than a vaginal birth without an epidural (which was the case with Avery) but I am just really concerned about Lilly's health. If she tries to turn on her own before Monday, and the umbilical cord gets wrapped around her neck, I won't have any way of knowing it. They will be monitoring her throughout the entire procedure, so in case her heart rate drops or anything else goes wrong, they will be able to do an emergency cesarean. If Dr. Fetco is not able to help her turn, they will schedule a c-section. So... the ideal situation (for which I am requesting prayer, along with Lilly's continued health)is for Dr. Fetco to be successful in turning her on Monday and to give me peace until then. Although we really still are unsure about how far along my pregnancy is, Dr. Andrews feels confident that she would be okay if born next week. I know that of all the things that can go wrong throughout pregnancy, this is not too uncommon and of course it could always be worse, but this is what I'm going through right now and it seems to be all I can think about since I left Durham OBGYN Friday morning. Friday afternoon was actually my last day working and thanks to my wonderful husband and family, there is very little left to do around the house to prepare for Lilly's arrival. I'm excited, and trying to not be anxious. Please just spend a moment on your knees in prayer for my baby girl whenever you get a chance and especially around 12:00 on Monday. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I am praying for you and the doctor and of course for sweet Lilly!
you got it sister!
Call me after your appointment tomorrow! I may be working but I will definitely be praying for you!
Love ya!
Kel - I totally understand your fears and am totally here for you! (well, as much as I can be from 300 miles away!) I am in prayer for you guys and will continue to be!!! I hope that they are able to turn her, and even more so that the cord does not wrap around her neck, as was the case with my brother. Please keep us posted - I will be checking your blog to see how you're doing... I hope that Jen, Brooke or Tonya will let me know when Lilly comes! Love ya! ~T
Post a Comment