Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day!

Avery was more excited this morning when we showed him the snow than he was on Christmas Day! The great thing about living in the south is that we truly appreciate every inch of snow and make the very best out of our snow days off! Daddy went into work a little late so he could have time to play with us outside this morning. This was honestly the best year so far with Avery in the snow; he just loved every minute of it! He told me that his favorite part was throwing snow balls, but the funny thing is that he kept asking me to make snow balls so he could throw them at me... and I did! This is about the only time that I love the hill in our backyard b/c Brian & Avery didn't have to go very far to enjoy a little sledding (and tree dodging)! They also made an itty bitty snow-girl(this wasn't exactly the snowman-making kind of snow)for Baby Lilly! We used chocolate chips for the eyes, but Avery took them off and ate them! He's my boy! On his way to work, Daddy dropped us off at my parent's house and we enjoyed playing with Mimi and Princeton (the dog). Avery amazed me how he never seemed to get cold and probably would have stayed out there all day if I hadn't bribed him with hot chocolate to come inside! Mimi cooked some chili beans for dinner and when we returned home, Avery talked Brian into taking him outside "just one more time" while I made more hot chocolate. We really had a fun day and I am so thankful for the memories that we were able to make.

3 comments:

Bobby and Brooke said...

I love all of the pictures! The ones up close of Avery by himself is my favorite though! :)

Allison Family said...

Avery looks so cute in his snow gear! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I loved the little baby snow"girl"!!!

TEJ said...

I wish that we had gotten that much snow - we got a teeeeeeny bit... see the picture on my latest post. It was fun, though. Sounds like you guys had a great time in the snow! I MISS YOU GUYS!