Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Moments Like This...
...some people wait a lifetime... Okay, I won't go any further with that song b/c while we share the same first name, I definitely can not sing like Kelly Clarkson (no matter how loud I get when I'm in the car alone)!! Anyway- I am so thankful for the moment I had last night and I wanted to share. I was finally home, relaxing on the couch after a long "first day back to work" after my New Year's mini-break. Brian was coming down stairs from putting Avery to bed, and then going back up so he could go to the bathroom- again... ugh! (That will have to be another blog, another time) when Miss Lilly decided to have a little party in my tummy. If you've ever been pregnant, or close to anyone who has, you will probably remember what I'm about to describe. I was on my back and saw (and felt) Lilly shift from one side to the totally other side of my belly. I looked lopsided, as if I had a mountain on one side and then she would immediately move back to the completely other side. It looked so funny and felt kind-of weird. I called Brian to come join the dance party as he honestly thinks these type of things are cool, but I think he was even a little freaked out! You're probably asking yourself, "What's the big deal? This isn't even your first pregnancy!" But, I will tell you that this was a gift from God. For the last month, I have become more and more uncomfortable... hardly being able to sleep and honestly not enjoying the whole pregnancy thing. I felt guilty for being convinced that anyone who said "I loved being pregnant" was full of it! I have almost even become annoyed when I would feel Lilly "thumping" as I would want nothing more than to just relax... it just wasn't as cute as it used to be at the begining. Last night, I was given a "moment" to reflect on how amazing it is that there is a little life inside me who is trying to discover her environment and Thank The Lord for allowing me to provide such a warm, safe place for her to grow and develop. I really needed that. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Aww! I said a prayer for you after reading this! This moment in your life passes all too quickly so be sure to treasure each twitch, kick, or movement! It's such a blessing and you prayed HARD for this a year ago!
I can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment