Friday, January 2, 2009

3.3.3.3...

I just noticed when looking at the Lilypie.com "ticker" to the right on my blog that Avery is 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days old. Call me crazy, but I think that is really cool! On the other hand, it makes me a little sad! He amazes me each day how "old" he acts. I definitely do not like the big boy attitudes or eye rolls (we are working hard on explaining disrespect) but he gets it honestly from me! Sometimes I look at him and wonder how the time flew by so quickly and make a mental note to cherish every moment.
We went to Target to buy his booster seat today since he'll soon be sharing the backseat with his sister and that car seat was way too bulky! He made me laugh b/c every time he saw something pink, he would say, "I think Baby Lilly would like that". I really think he is going to be a good big brother because on the way home he told me that he was going to help her learn how to use the potty! Wouldn't that be wonderful?! I decided to show him some of the videos from when he was a baby so he could grasp the idea of how little she was going to be, so tonight we all had fun laughing at how silly we used to act with him. He was saying, "Ma Ma" and "Da Da" and it made me realize how far we've come because just the other day he called me "Mom"! I quickly told him to please keep calling me "Mommy" because I didn't like to be called "Mom", but I now wonder how long that will last! Am I "nesting" or what?!! I am sooooo OVER being pregnant and I am so anxious to have a tiny little baby to hold. Of course, I'm not naive and remember enough to dread the pain of delivery and the sleep deprivation but I look forward to all the sweet moments ahead. Okay, enough of that for now... I just needed to let it all out and isn't that what blogging is all about, anyway?!! :)

No comments: