Saturday, November 8, 2008

Seriously?

So, I admit that I have been slack about the whole potty training thing. Avery usually pees in the potty when told to go (most of the time w/o protest), but I tend to only take him about 5 times a day. As you know, I work from 12:30 - 6:00 during the week, so it makes it even harder when I'm not with him all day long. I know I have messed up (add it to the list beside "paci addiction at 3" and the many other mistakes that I have made so far!) but this is just beyond me...
Well, tonight we got home from the grocery store and Avery had pooped in his pull-up. After cleaning him, I decided that since it was almost 8:00pm, that I would let him just stay in his shirt without anything else until he went to bed. I had him bring the potty training seat from the bathroom into the living room and explained that we were not putting on a new pull-up, so he needed to use the potty if he had to pee. I did not see it coming, after all- he had already pooped 3 times today- but about 30 minutes later, I saw him sitting under his kid table peeing! To make things even worse, I then see 2 piles of poop not even 6 inches from the potty seat! Seriously? My child is smart enough to remember the entire Star Spangled Banner and he can't remember to sit on the potty that is right in front of his face! I was so upset! We just had our carpets cleaned last week and he sat there and pooped on the carpet like a puppy! As you can imagine, he had some still on his little butt and created a trail of where he sat afterwards. How did he make such a mess in such a short amount of time? How did I not see it happening while I was sitting on the couch and talking on the phone? UGH! I don't know if I'm more frustrated with Avery or myself at this point. I think I'll just call it a night!

1 comment:

Zach and Laura Hanlon said...

Im almost positive that pic of Brian and Avery pooping together is inappropriate...