Friday, May 1, 2009
Mommy Confession #4
Yesterday, Lilly and I went to Target on our way to meet my mom for lunch. After I paid for my stuff, I was so happy and proud of myself b/c I saved $12 using coupons in addition to sale items (a new thing for me lately, but I'm starting to get the hang of it!); I couldn't wait to get on the phone and tell Brian! I walked through the parking lot, put Lilly in the car, put the stoller in the trunk, only to realize that I didn't have my groceries! Seriously? Ugh! I had to get the stroller back out, put her carseat in it (b/c I surely wasn't about to carry that heavy thing!) and walk through the parking lot, dodge a blind old MAN backing out of his parking space in a HUGE SUV, back to the check-out lane (which was, of course, at the complete other end- b/c I had not realized which enterence I came in when I originally got in line!). There they were... just sitting at the end of the aisle...all pitiful and lonely! The cashier must have been too concerned about her lunch break to even realize that I walked out of the store emptyhanded (except for my daughter, stroller,diaper bag, and purse)after she set the bag down. I know it wasn't her fault, but I was just frustrated and needed someone else to blame! What is wrong with my mind?! I finally got back and settled in the car and took a deep breath before I started the car. I, then, actually took a minute to ask God if I should really be driving if I wasn't even capable of the giant task of shopping! I said a prayer for him to keep us safe and to make it through the rest of our day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment