Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Avery is a BIG BROTHER

First, a quick update since Tuesday's post: I thought Lilly had been eating well, but apparently she was only teasing me, using me for a pacifier, and not swallowing as much as I thought. Her weight has dropped from 8 lbs 3 oz to 7 lbs 8 oz as of this morning. She is slightly jaundice, so has spent the whole day in the "tanning bed" and has been brought to me only for feedings. We have started supplementing a little with formula and I have started pumping as well. The exhaustion is starting to HIT me! We've had a lot of issues w/ noise and other frustrating things (ask me later)that have prevented much needed sleep, but I've actually moved into a new room and am hopeful to get some rest tonight. I should be discharged tomorrow (Thurs) and as long as Lilly's new found buddy, "Billy Ruben" (I know... I'm so funny!) has decreased his levels, we will all go home tomorrow. Please keep us in your prayers b/c I'm ready to get out of here! As promised, I have posted 2 videos below to show Avery's reaction when meeting Lilly for the first time! He has "racked up" with BIG BROTHER presents, but I'm sure he would be just as happy with only the best gift of all... a built-in best friend for the rest of his life! :)


2 comments:

Bobby and Brooke said...

That must be why I could not reach you every time I called yesterday/last night! I am sorry for all of the set backs recently! I will be praying for you and Lilly today!

Unknown said...

That was too stinking cute! "I wanna go tell everybody!!"
I love it!