Monday, October 13, 2008

Little Missionary

Yesterday, Brian and I went to the early service at church, so we met my parents outside before they attended the second service to pick up Avery who had spent most of the weekend with them. (Brian had his 10 year high school reunion, which has enough stories of its own!) As we were taking Avery to his Sunday School class, he asked us what we were doing in that building and I answered, "Learning about Jesus". Without hesitation, he responded, "Oh- like, how Jesus loves you?" My heart just melted! Then, as if that weren't enough to make me proud, he said the sweetest thing to Bryce (Tonya and Ryan's 2 month old) at Kendall's birthday party later that afternoon. He came up to him and kissed his head and said, "Bryce- did you know God made you special"? Pause for a moment to wipe my tears! You know, I've been telling him about Jesus's love since he was in my womb, but you just never really know if kids are "taking in the info or really even understanding what you are saying" until times like these! So sorry for the brag session... actually, I'm not- I'M SO PROUD and want to share it with anyone who will listen (or read!)- :)

1 comment:

Bobby and Brooke said...

He is just so cute and sweet! He is also such a smart boy! That is what you hope as parents...that your faith and love for God is something that your kids can't ignore and will grow to know about themselves! Congrats on doing a great job!!!