Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Avery's (Second) 1st Day of Preschool!

This was Avery's first day at Aldersgate Weekday School... for this year! (Of course, last year was the first ever first day of school!) We survived! Avery was very excited and not a bit "anxious"... at least he didn't show it! He was really excited to go show Brenden (his bestest buddy who he will now see every other day, including Sundays at church!) his new bookbag! He had a "ticket" to get into school (so glad I thought of that!) and showed it to Mrs. Merriem when she opened the car door to take him inside. She said, "Wow- now I know to take you straight to our classroom", and Avery quickly responded, "Well, then, let's go!" I couldn't believe how well my not-even-yet-3-yr-old did with the whole car-line "drop off". It just brought tears to my eyes, later followed by a full blown cry, when I realized that he had made so much progress since last year. I ended up having to walk him inside every morning last year and he would usually still cry (up until maybe the spring) when I left him. I know I have prego hormones, but I was surprised at how emotional I got. My little boy is growing up so quickly! See some pics below. The one in the car w/ the cell phone is when he was explaining to Brian that his ticket said, Mrs.Tori and Mrs. Merriem... Avery can go to school"! Ha!

No comments: