Monday, August 10, 2009

100th post!

Wow! I can't believe I have made it to the 100th post of my blog! Time flies, doesn't it?! Today, also, just happens to be my 28th birthday. It was a pretty normal day... but I tried to take time to reflect and thank God for my many blessings. I have started a new job and I couldn't be happier! I am able to earn money by taking care of my friend's precious son while staying at home with my own children. Sure, it is not easy as I try to figure out everyone's schedule and it gets tricky when 3 little people need me at the same time, but I am so thankful for this opportunity. I am keeping Patrick 3-4 days a week (varies each week), and although he is a few weeks younger than Lilly, he is actually bigger than she is and he is... solid! I'm going to have great arm muscles by next summer for sure! Ha! I am also Praising the Lord that Brian got a second job and starts tomorrow morning at 3:30am. I am so appreciative of the sacrifices he is making for our family. Please keep him in your prayers as this is not going to be easy and for all of us as we adjust to our new lifestyle! One more change ... a major accomplishment for Avery! He has been paci-free for 3 nights!! Yes, I know- you are probably thinking, "Isn't he almost 4? Shouldn't he have given that up a while ago?" Well- yes... We tried a year and a half ago but it caused an asthma attack (Long story!) so Mommy gave in and then Avery was too smart for all of the tricks so he only used it at bedtime but we had to wait for him to be ready on his own to give it up for good. A couple of weeks ago, after we traded in a car to get the minivan, Avery asked us if he could trade in his paci for a RACE CAR CITY that he saw in a magazine so we immediately ordered it (we were going to give it to him for his birthday anyway, but he doesn't have to know that!) since this was his idea. Avery put the paci in the box and we sent it back to the UPS man! Ha! Whatever works at this point, right?! I'm so proud of him! He didn't really cry, either, and he made me laugh as he layed there thinking about his paci ... "Sometimes, Mommy, I would blow out through my mouth and it would go up to my nose and stink! I'm glad I'm not going to stink like paci breath anymore!" Here are some pictures below from the "bye bye paci ceremony", my 1st week with Patrick and my birthday celebration on Sunday night. (My amazing mother cooked all of my favorite foods and Avery helped Brian bake/decorate my birthday cake... yummy!)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aunt Jenn is SO proud of ALL of you!