I went for a follow-up ultrasound yesterday and Brian and Avery came with me to see the baby! When the doctor came in, Avery's immediate question was, "How's that baby going to get out"? The doctor laughed (as she told us that she'd never been asked that before) and then quickly replied, "Your mommy is going to push the baby out". That wasn't a good enough answer for Avery, because after only a second of thought, he asked, "Out of what?" She said, "Out of her tummy". Thank God that sufficed! Ha!
When we saw the baby on the screen, the baby started moving his/her arm as if he/she were waving to us! Without skipping a beat, Avery started waving back to the baby on the screen and said, "Hey there baby... awww- you're so cute!" It was a great experience for our family and I guess Avery understands better than I actually expected him to at this point. I have a slight feeling though, that he won't always think the baby is so cute! Oh, and just FYI... when Avery is hungry, he informs me that he needs to eat b/c there is a baby in HIS belly too. :) I am loving that he is old enough to experience this pregnancy with me! Ha!
So, I'm still measuring to have a Feb.16 due date which means I am 9 weeks, 3 days. That is consistent with the first ultrasound's measurements, so it looks like this miracle was conceived on Mother's Day! How awesome is that?!!
I am going to scan the picture and post it asap so you can see our newest family member! :) Praise The Lord!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment